Do you want to continue your Ph.D. at a world-renowned university on a fully funded scholarship provided by Facebook? We have good news for you! Make sure you take advantage of this chance. This post will provide a detailed explanation of the Facebook Fellowship Program, including its advantages and a step-by-step guide for applying.
International students can apply for the fully funded Facebook Fellowship Program 2024–2025. This scholarship is available to support doctoral research studies. The fellowship pays for conference travel support, an annual stipend, and two years of tuition and fees.
The fellowships are available in computer science, computer engineering, or similar fields of study. The fellowship recipients will receive a yearly stipend, conference travel assistance, and two years of study fees.
Applications will be evaluated based on the quality of the recommendation letter, the student’s publication record, and their research statement. The goal of the Facebook Fellowship Program is to support and foster the growth of bright doctoral researchers engaged in cutting-edge and useful research in computer science and engineering-related subjects.
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): Facebook
- Study in: An accredited university in any country
- Opportunity Focus Areas: See list below
- Program Period: Two years.
- Deadline: September 20th, 2024 (The application period will begin in August.)
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Computer Graphics
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- AR/VR Future Technologies
- Blockchain and Cryptoeconomics
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Vision
- Database Systems
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Energy Efficient Video
- Instagram/FB App Well-being and Safety
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking Applied Statistics
- Privacy and Data Use
- Programming Languages
- Security and Privacy
- Social and Economic Policy
- Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
- Systems for Machine Learning
Please click this link to learn more about our current areas of interest.
The following advantages are offered to the recipient of the Facebook Fellowship Program:
- $42,000 grant, paid once each academic year.
- For the academic year (up to two years/four semesters), tuition and fees will be covered.
- $5,000 in payment for conference travel
- Visit to Facebook offices for the annual Fellowship Summit on a paid account
- The stipend will be sent immediately to the fellow and the tuition money will be paid directly to the school. Stipends are subject to local taxation.
Eligibility Criteria for Facebook Fellowship Program
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements to be eligible for the Facebook Fellowship Program:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All countries
- Students’ work needs to be connected to one or more pertinent academic fields (refer to the research areas above).
- PhD students studying full-time in any authorized university in the world who are actively conducting research
- The academic year(s) in which the fellowship is awarded must be attended by the students.
- Those first- or second-year Ph.D. candidates who meet the requirements of an underrepresented minority group in the technology industry may apply to be considered for an Emerging Scholar Award.
- The quality of the student’s research statement, publishing records, and recommendation letters will all be taken into consideration when evaluating applications.
- Examine the Facebook Fellowship’s terms and conditions.
How to Apply for Facebook Fellowship Program?
To take advantage of the Facebook Fellowship Program, please follow these steps:
- Stay updated on the application page by going HERE.
- To apply, each candidate must use their Facebook account.
- Applications Need to Contain
- CV or resume with email, phone number, and mailing address, along with any relevant coursework
- A one- to two-page research summary that outlines the planned research areas during the award, its importance to the field, and how Facebook might benefit from it (see the research areas)
- Please upload two recommendation letters with your application. Please include email addresses for references, at least one of which needs to come from an academic adviser.
- Upon completing the application, you will be prompted to enter the email address of your references. An email including a link will be sent to them to submit a letter for your reference. We ask that you double-check the contact details you submit for your references.
- After inputting data, the program will let you save or submit it. Before the application deadline, you can make changes to it.