Do you want to continue your education in Germany? We have good news for you! The Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarship application period is currently open. We will go into great detail regarding this scholarship program, its advantages, and the step-by-step application procedure in this article.
For international students, the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships 2024–2025 are fully funded. These scholarships are offered for Ph.D. and master’s degrees. The monthly payment from these scholarships will be 1350€. Additionally, 100€ lump sum awards are available to support research expenses and additional health care subsidies.
The Federal Foreign Office (Auswärtiges Amt) is the source of funding for this program. Based on the average length of time or number of semesters you have studied (Regelstudienzeit), the maximum duration of the scholarship is determined. If all requirements are met, the scholarship will first be awarded for a year and thereafter indefinitely. It is feasible to extend beyond the Regelstudienzeit.
The Scholarship Department of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung provides a broad array of resources to academics, including summer schools and events devoted to political education, seminars held both domestically and abroad, symposia, and educational tours.
Additionally, it plans hands-on training in areas like rhetoric, conflict resolution and other critical skills, time management, and self-management, enhancing academic qualifications, text and writing workshops, and methodologically-specific seminars.
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung
- Study in: Germany
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Any discipline is acceptable for Ph.D. and master’s degrees, except veterinary medicine, dentistry, and medicine.
- Program Period: Maximum three years for a master’s degree; maximum four years for a PhD degree.
- Deadline: October 1, 2023 / April 1, 2024
The following advantages are given to the recipient of the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarship:
For Masters: 850€ per month in basic scholarships plus a 20€ lump sum are awarded. There are also an additional 86€ in subsidies available for nursing and health insurance.
For PhD: The 1350€ monthly doctorate scholarship is mostly unaffected by an individual’s salary. Additionally, 100€ lump sum awards are available to support research expenses and additional health care subsidies. Recipients of scholarships may also be eligible for money to cover travel expenses (for conferences, research, etc.).
The organization can provide funding for language courses in German and Europe.
Eligibility Criteria for Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarship
To qualify for the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarship, candidates must complete all of the following requirements:
The following conditions must be met for the candidate to be eligible for the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarship:
- Required Language: Strong proficiency in English and German (B2 or higher)
- Eligible Countries: every country in the world. Women, students from non-academic backgrounds, immigrants, the needy in society, those with impairments, and those who have demonstrated achievement and dedication are given preference. We particularly welcome applications from recent graduates of technical colleges as well as from undergraduate and PhD students in scientific and technical fields.
- Only applications in the German or English languages will be accepted
- Only applications in German or English will be accepted for the MA program. The university must be a state-recognized German institution of higher learning.
- PhD candidates need to be admitted to German universities.
- The student must present a letter of admission (Zulassung) from a German university or a certificate of enrollment (Immatrikulationsbescheinigung) for the upcoming semester. By the time the scholarship begins, your enrollment must be confirmed at the latest.
- A foundational understanding of German (we can support additional sessions). At least a very excellent command of the English language.
- Participation in social, political, and/or community service activities.
Those are the selection criteria:
- Excellent professional and academic achievements (evidence of above-average academic performance in school and/or university)
- Political and social activity that aligns with the objectives of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung
- German language competency (B2 or higher).
- Personal and familial history
How to Apply for Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarship?
To apply for this scholarship, kindly adhere to the following instructions:
- The online application portal is where you can apply for this scholarship.
- Fill out the application and create an account. Upload the necessary documents as well.
- Submit the application.