Do you want to study in the USA? We bring you good news. The Gates Scholarship is available right now. We will go into great detail regarding this scholarship in this article, along with its advantages and step-by-step instructions for applying.
The Gates Scholarship 2024-2025 is an undergraduate fully funded Scholarship for American students. This scholarship will pay for all related expenses, including tuition, fees, accommodation, board, books, and travel.
Outstanding minority high school graduates from low-income families are eligible for The Gates Scholarship (TGS), a competitive last-dollar Scholarship. The scholarship is given to 300 of these student leaders every year to assist them in reaching their full potential.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the method utilized by a Scholar’s college or university will be used to establish the complete cost of attendance* that is not already covered by other financial aid and the estimated family contribution.
Gates scholarships (TGS) are one of the 20,000 private scholarships offered each year in the US. To take advantage of this fantastic opportunity, all top candidates with outstanding academic achievements, volunteer experience, and leadership characteristics will be given priority.
Bill Gates and his wife established this scholarship program to combat youth illiteracy. The Gates scholarship helps more than 300 students from disadvantaged backgrounds receive an education and live high-quality lives each year.
Gates Scholarship is a top undergraduate scholarship that is fully funded. Undergraduate scholars will receive financial assistance that will pay all tuition fees including books, transportation, accommodation, and many more.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): American Colleges
- Study in: USA
- Deadline: September 15, 2024 (Opens in July)
The recipient of a Gates Scholarship receives the following benefits:
- Tuition fee waiver
- Room or accommodation expenses
- Board expenses
- Textbook expenses
- Transportation expenses would be covered.
Eligibility Criteria for The Gates Scholarship Program
The candidate must satisfy each of the conditions listed below to be eligible for The Gates Scholarship:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: USA
- A high school senior
- At least one of the following racial or ethnic groups: African-American, Asian & Pacific Islander, American Indian/Alaska Native, and/or Hispanic Americans
- A citizen or permanent resident of the US
- Having a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a scale of 4.0 (or an equivalent) and being in good academic standing
- In addition, a student must intend to enroll full-time in a four-year degree program at a private, public, or not-for-profit college or university in the US that has received US accreditation.
Note: *For American Indian/Alaska Native applicants, documentation of tribe enrollment is required.
- An ideal candidate will have:
- An outstanding high school academic record (being in the top 10% of his or her graduating class)
- Demonstrated leadership potential, as seen, for example, by involvement in extracurricular, community service, or other activities. A remarkable capacity for personal success (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
How to Apply for The Gates Scholarship?
To apply for The Gates Scholarship, please follow these instructions:
- Apply online via the official website.
- A candidate should compile the following data:
- SAT or ACT scores
- Educational records
- Cumulative GPA
- Financial information about the applicant’s family
- Extracurricular information
- Recommendation Letter
- After gathering the information, the applicant is supposed to sign up for the TGS profile start the Gates scholarship application process, and apply with accurate information.